Facebook and Instagram ban Trump for 24 hours | US Capitol Case

Share

US Capitol Case: The social media giant Facebook has blocked/ban President Trump from FB & Instagram posting for 24 hours. The development is announced by the company on Wednesday evening.

Interestingly, before announcing the decision, the company already removed posts he made in support of the pro-Trump mob that attacked the US Capitol on Wednesday.

In its statement, the company said;

“We’ve assessed two policy violations against President Trump’s Page which will result in a 24-hour feature block, meaning he will lose the ability to post on the platform during that time.”

Meanwhile, Instagram head Adam Mosseri also confirms that Trump’s account on Facebook-owned Instagram both locked for 24 hours.

US Capitol Case: Trump’s Video Controversy

Earlier this, Facebook removed a video that posted just hours after the attack began on US Capitol. In that video, Trump called on protestors to “go home” and stated falsely that “we had an election that was stolen from us.”

However, Facebook also removed a text post asking Trump‘s supporters to “remember this day forever!” At the same time, Twitter has also restricted Trump’s account.

The micro-blogging platform locked his account for 12 hours after removing three tweets that the company said were “severe violations” of its policies.

Facebook Comments