PM Modi USISPF Speech Highlights: While delivering the keynote address to the third summit of the U.S. India Strategic and Partnership Forum, Prime Minister Modi said that the current situation demands a fresh mindset. The mindset should have the approach to development is human-centric, he said in his statement.
The Indian Prime Minister expresses his views on ‘Navigating New Challenges’. Notably, this is the theme of the five-day event that began on August 31. PM Modi said that when 2020 began nobody imagined how this pandemic would pan out.
What PM Modi Said In PM Modi USISPF Speech?
Here are some important highlights from PM Modi USISPF Speech;
- “When 2020 began, did anyone imagine how it would pan out? A global pandemic has impacted everyone. It’s testing our resilience, public health system & economic system. However, the current situation demands a fresh mindset where the approach to development is human-centric”.
- “The government has taken steps to provide banking credit, digital payments and insurance to millions of people using world-class technology and global best practices”.
- “India was the first to create a responsive system for lockdown, and introduced face masks to prevent the spread of coronavirus”.
- I am happy with the businessmen of India who have made India the world’s second-biggest PPE manufacturer.
- “1.3 billion Indians have embarked on one mission, to make an ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ or self-reliant India. Meanwhile, Atmanirbhar Bharat merges the local with the global. As it also ensures India’s strengths act as a global force multiplier. Time and again, India has shown that our goal is global good”.
- “For challenges in India, you have a government that believes in delivering results. Therefore ease of living is as important as ease of doing business. Because you are looking at a young country with 65% population less than 35 years old”.
Who participated in USISPF, India-US Summit
Before this, today Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman addressed and interacted with the forum (USISPF) on US-India Economic and Financial Partnership via video conferencing.
The summit is being attended by top corporate leaders, government officials, and leaders, which includes US Vice President Mike Pence, India’s External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar, Minister of Railways, and Minister of Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal any many others across the world.
On Monday, the U.S. Vice President gave a strong vote of confidence in the US-India relationship. However, he said that the best was yet to come. Also, Mike Pence supports India in its current standoff with its neighbor country, China.
It highlights areas of bilateral cooperation: trade and investment; strategic energy ties; India’s position in global supply chains, collaboration in fintech, healthcare, and technology.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) September 3, 2020